Catholic Women's League
Office BearersPresident: Lee-Ann Holmes firstname.lastname@example.org (07 4783 3060)Vice President: Rosalie Totorica email@example.com (07 4728 1396)Secretary: Ann-Maria Pucciarmati firstname.lastname@example.org (07 4782 6836)Treasurer: Karen Gilmore email@example.com (07 4783 2172)Social Issues Convenor: Ellen Lund firstname.lastname@example.org (07 4783 1687)WUCWO Convenor: Angie Rye email@example.com (07 47 83 3710)
About the Catholic Women's League
"For The Honour and Glory of God"
ESTABLISHED IN TOWNSVILLE
In 1952 Bishop Most Rev. Dr. H. E. Ryan approved the affiliation of Townsville Catholic Welfare Organisation - CWO, to the Catholic Daughters of Australia, Brisbane - CDA. In 1962 the State Conference CDA was held in Townsville and the Townsville Diocesan Council was appointed in 1963.
Under the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and Mary, Help of Christians, the objects of the League shall be to:
- Promote the spiritual, cultural, intellectual, physical and social interests of women and children and promote the goodness and values to be found in Christian family life.
- Assert and defend Christian principles
- Encourage Catholic and other Christian women to participate in the moral and civic welfare of the community.
- Be active participants in the Church and its charitable works and to foster ecumenism.
- Ensure that the practice of social justice is an integral part of all works of Catholic Women's League of Queensland Inc. and promoted in the lives of all members.
- Maintain affiliation with the World Union Catholic Women's Organisations through National Catholic Women's League Australia (Inc)
STRUCTURE OF ORGANISATION
The Organisation will be conducted and ministered within the State of Queensland through any one or all of the following levels:
- State Level
- Diocesan/Regional level
- Branch level
All positions within the organisation shall be Honorary.
All Catholic women shall be eligible to become members of Catholic Women's League, but the executive Committee of a Branch shall have the power, after consultation with the Chaplain to refuse or cancel membership of any person who is considered unsuitable for such membership. Non-Catholic wives of Catholic men, as well as other Christian women shall be eligible for membership, but ineligible to take an Executive position. This will apply at all levels.
Consists of 7 Branch levels - Country and City.
- Charters Towers
- Home Hill
- Mount Isa
$25.00 per Member per Year
Affiliation 1st January - 31st December