The main office for the Townsville Diocese is located in the Catholic Centre next to the Sacred Heart Cathedral, 266-270 Stanley Street, Townsville.
The building was originally the Bishop’s House and was blessed and opened by Archbishop J. Duhig on Sunday 31.10.1937. Substancial renovations took place to the building and then on the 11th of February, 2000 on the 70th Anniversary of the foundation of the Diocese of TownsvilleBishop Raymond Benjamin Blessed and Opened McGuire House which would now be the administrative centre for the diocese.
The following offices are located in the building:
Office of the Bishop of Townsville
Diocesan Development Fund
Office of Cultural Diversity
Indigenous Catholic Council